Friday, April 24, 2009

Dr. Seuss and After


On March 2, children everywhere celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday by reading about Fox in Socks or Green Eggs and Ham. My own two children got to create and color the ubiquitous hat and spend their day relishing the written word in its most kid-friendly form. They were excited about all things Seuss, and we spent a good part of the evening continuing our the revelry at home.
Only after my exhausted munchkins were asleep did the question strike: how do I keep this excitement for reading alive? Will my little ones always be so excited about the written word, or will they lose this enthusiasm somewhere along the way? And what can I do to maintain this current love of reading?

2 comments:

  1. Well you can read to them every night they might like that and mabey that will keep them reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree you could read to them every night but you might not always have that time so maybe just a little each day

    ReplyDelete