Monday, November 16, 2009
Progress in Tae Kwon Do
After three weeks of classes, I tested for my first belt on Saturday, November 14. Although we warmed up as a group with stretches and kick combinations, my personal test began with only ten students on the floor. We demonstrated more kick and punch combinations in this small group. Next we partnered up. With my partner, I began one-step sparring, which means that I prove I can deflect a punch and take out an opponent in three different ways. Next was the Ho Shin Sul, in which my attacker grabbed my wrist and I escaped this grip and neutralized the opponent again in three different ways. For the finale, I had to break a board using a side kick. I successfully passed my test; I cannot explain how exhilarating and empowering the experience was. Now I look forward to my next test this coming February.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice job Mrs. Reagles, I know how you felt because I too took Tae Kwon Do, and became a green belt. You described everything well throughout your paragraph, and didn't miss any parts of the test. Good luck for future tests, and good job!
ReplyDelete