I get bloody noses
from time to time. It just happens: lack of humidity in the air, getting
smacked in the face by random dog heads or children's feet. Usually it's not a big deal…but the aftermath
of one of these minor medical dramas was quite memorable.
I am so used to the
process. Nose bleeds. Go to sink. Let blood drip. Resist impulse to make cool
blood-dot patterns in sink. Pinch bridge of nose to promote clotting. Finally,
as the stream wanes to a drip, stuff wet toilet paper in nose to seal off the
final drops. Wait.
In this specific
memory, after about ten minutes, when I felt my nasal crisis had passed, I
proceeded to pull the toilet paper wad from my nostril. And there -- there! at
the base of my forehead -- there I felt a small tug. And as a continued to pull
gently on the tissue, the tug turned into a slither, down, out of my forehead,
under the bridge of my nose, down the nostril. And there -- there! On the end
of the tissue was the largest, most disgusting blood slug of mucus that I had
ever seen in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment