There it sits, pretending innocence, a chocolate devil. I can hear its beguiling whispers. Here I am...it sings softly. Here I am for you... It shrugs a chocolate shoulder and appears indifferent to my suffering -- yet all the while, its sugary goodness holds sway.
No, Chocolate Donut. You will wait.
But imagine how good I'll taste with your coffee...
You're right. But I'm still not eating you.
Your coffee's still warm. I'd be a perfect complement...
Will you leave me be?
But your coffee...
Its mournful voice does have a point: donuts do taste better with coffee.
Fine, Chocolate Donut, just this once I will surrender to your tempting ways. Just this once.
(And yet, even as I say this, I can picture hundreds more, hundreds of tantalizing donuts in my future, all luring me in with promises of sweetness, bribing me with coffee, betraying me with their facade of goodness.)
This was very good Mrs. Reagles. I really liked how you described the chocolate donut as a devil. I thought that was very clever. I also liked how at the end you you said you could picture hundreds of donuts in your future. I really loved this Personification piece.
ReplyDelete