Monday, December 17, 2012

Skating




In the hushed world of winter
Where even laughter wraps itself in cotton
And leaves no room for echo
The cut of silver blades on ice
Sharp and precise
Shatters numb silence
Racing icy grains
Whirling through snowflakes
Demanding life from the quiet
Live! Live!
A tempestuous dance
Casting off
Etched memories

3 comments:

  1. The imagery you used in this piece actually made me picture the ice skate blade hitting the ice! I also liked the memory part which was a good way to end the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite pieces on your blog. Winter is my favorite season , so I always love reading a winter story, poem, etc. I really thought this piece brought back a lot of my memories skating and when I went ice skating on New Year's Eve and go to be in TV! That's really what I love about reading poems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the analogy in this piece, how the scratches in the ice were memories of your past. How you can still look back and see them, but you cannot experience them again.

    ReplyDelete